Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unwritten Rule of Life #6: I am nothing without my PC

Rule #6:  Work in an IT field is virtually impossible without a computer.

And even if you have said computer, you better be able to log into it or it is worse than not having a computer in the first place.  I'd have to say it's a form of "Techie Torture".  You're staring at a perfectly capable PC that is perfectly incapable of helping you get any work done.

What's equally torturous is watching hundreds of e-mails pour into your Blackberry and not being able to reply to any of them because your inbox overflowed it's limits because you can't log into it to delete the incoming barrage of e-mail.  Note to self...prior to having your PC reconfigured, clean out your inbox, dummie.

Well, that's my rant for the day.  I'm off to sharpen my pencil.

No comments: