Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chris' Unwritten Rules of Life - RULE #1

Because I believe it is irresponsible to let an unfocused mind go to waste, I've decided to start a new series of blog posts dedicated to observations about "unwritten rules of life".  I plan to update this on a regular basis and reference it via twitter (using hashtag #UROL for all you twitterers out there).  We'll see whether I can keep it fresh, but I've come to realize there are just too many oddities in life that need some perspective.

Feel free to build on my list by adding comments at the bottom of each of the posts or just reply to the tweets.

RULE #1:  While cutting the grass, it is customary to wave to your fellow grasscutter.

Ok, seems rather silly but this really happened today.  I'm cutting my front yard and the neighborhood grasscutters (these are the guys that go around cutting the common spaces with their riding mowers) each drove by and one by one waved to me and me only.  I don't believe I was related to any of them so I can only assume that there is an unwritten rule that grasscutter's have a common bond that requires us to extend a pleasant greeting.  Who knew?!

2 comments:

Todd said...

UROL sounds like a brand of urinal. (I am sure you will come up with a urinal related UROL before too long) ;)

Chris said...

I like your thinking. Give me a few days for this one. :-)